Thursday, August 29, 2013

postheadericon How To Bee The Center of Attention

Obvious - Bee A Cookie!

These are a 3.5 inch round cookie with a smaller 1 inch heart cookie on a pop stick.  The wedding had a black and white theme and if you look closely, the pint glasses have 2 hearts, which was the reason for the heart on the cookie pop.

To make these cookie pops I did not actually bake them on the stick.  I put them on the baking sheet and then using a pop stick made an impression where I wanted the stick to go, removing the stick after making the impression. 

Then I placed the cookies in the oven.  After they came out of the oven, and while they were still hot, I put the stick in the impression and used a fondant smoother to press the hot cookie to get a flat piping surface and deepen the impression for the stick.  I then removed the stick and let the cookies cool. 

When the cookies were cooled I used some fondant to glue the sticks into the impression and let this dry.  After drying I then flooded and decorated the cookies.  The stick was basically cemented in place with the flood icing.

If anyone is interested, the next time I do cookie pops I will gladly do a video to demonstrate my process for making cookie pops. 




Photobucket

0 comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger