Saturday, May 29, 2010

postheadericon Change is the ONLY constant

On Monday, 05/24/2010, the company that I worked for since 2004 decided to lay me off.  Bummer.  It was on one hand a relief, on the other a huge stessor.  I was relieved because I had really begun to hate my job as a manager.  It was hard to get 41 people to just do their job.  I definitely was becoming tainted and angry.  I believe all things happen for a reason, and I see the lesson in this is I was let go because I definitely would not have left on my own.  This job was the provider for my family's insurance benefits, so that was the stressor.

I looked for the good in this event and that is that I now have plenty of time to focus on cookies!  I spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday working on cookies and thoroughly enjoyed not having to rush or think about work.

There is a benefit for Sugar Beez in this little bump in the road for me...I have come up with some really great ideas that I will be incorporating into the business and website, so watch for those!  Such as a limited time special where you can purchase a $20 coupon which will get you $30 toward your next purchase! 

After almost a week of not having to deal with a stressful job, I'm relaxed, centered and focused again! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

faithy said...

Yes..sometimes it could be a blessing in disguise and you never know. :) Take care and hope to see more of your cookie creations!

Laura said...

Change is the only constant, besides God's (or the Goddess') love. This is my new saying :)

Sometimes we just have to go with the flow of life, not judging whether change is "good" or "bad", but trusting in our path.

Many blessings,
Laura

Followers

Powered By Blogger