Wednesday, April 7, 2010

postheadericon What "giving" means to me.

I'm a nurturer.  That's why I have five children, 2 cats, a dog, 2 birds and a fish.  I think I was born with the drive to take care of anything needy.  My mom can tell you stories of hurt birdies in boxes, stray cats, raggedy dogs that I brought home.  I'm sure she thought I did it to drive her nuts!

When I was newly married my husband and I struggled to balance work, family and finances.  Sometimes having way too much month left at the end of the money.  Some really great friends and family members would help us with childcare or sometimes a gallon of milk.  Now that I'm a little older, a little wiser and a little better at managing my money I try to find ways to pay forward the generosity that was given to me.  My husband probably thinks I do this to drive HIM nuts!

I have let various displaced family members live with us, his brother, my sister, my sister-in-law and her 2-1/2 kids. No, never all at the same time, but it did sometimes cause some tension between me and my husband. 

I give of my time, sometimes my money and always of my compassion, it is my way of paying my rent in life for my time on this planet.  I strongly believe that everything we give will come back to us...that could be good or it could be bad, but it is what you make it. 

2 comments:

Gina_Michelle said...

I loved this post. I read it twice. Thank you for sharing it with me.

And I drive my husband nuts with my giving too!

karen said...

I love it too...I am inspired by your words and will look for ways to pay it forward in my own life )

Followers

Powered By Blogger