Wednesday, December 16, 2009

postheadericon Procrastination

One of the biggest hurdles I have encountered in growing my business is trying to combat procrastination. I admit it, I'm a big procrastinator. I have read that the only way to fight procrastination is the infamous Nike motto "Just do it."

I agree with what I have read, that the biggest reason I procrastinate is because I think the task at hand is going to be hard. Usually, once I start I do find that it isn't nearly as difficult as I had made it seem in my head. And in most cases, once I get started I get lost in the enjoyment of what I'm doing, it's just getting started that is the hardest part.

What do you do to avoid procrastinating?

4 comments:

LAJRL said...

I'll tell you later...

Unknown said...

You are just tooo funny!

Laura said...

That's an issue of perfectionism too- blowing the task so out of proportion, it can never be done perfectly, so keep putting it off. Baby steps work for me.

Unknown said...

I had read that somewhere, that it is about being afraid the task at hand is going to be hard. I try to remember that when I know I'm procrastinating. I have gotten better, I usually don't procrastinate as long, but I do still procrastinate, which is why I'm up at this hour finishing a cookie order that is due tomorrow!

Followers

Powered By Blogger