Monday, December 21, 2009

postheadericon How to get organized

What do you find to be the most helpful tool to keep you organized?  Me?  The tool that works for me is Microsoft Outlook Calendar.  I put reminders in there for me to get certain projects started, completed or items ordered.  However, I did run into a snafu...my computer died and I lost the data there. 

I have since started using my cell phone calendar instead, since my cell phone is with me constantly.  I do worry about losing my phone, and then losing all the data stored in there. 

Anyone use an online calendar program?  I'd be seriously interested in one that would e-mail me what I need to do...then I wouldn't have to worry about losing my data if my computer died or I lost my phone.  Maybe there is already something like that and I just need to google it? 

What do you use to keep organized?  I'm always open to hearing better ways to do what I need to do.

1 comments:

Marilee said...

Hi Tracy, I was just sent your info by Maleah Moskoff (of Cha Cha Tea). I'm surprised you haven't gotten a bunch of comments on your search for "Organizing" systems!

In case you haven't found a system that you're satisfied with already, here's my take on it.

I'm a devotee of electronic systems with backup. I use Google calendar which I sync with my iCal (on my Mac, I think you can also set it up to sync with Outlook) Then I also have it synced on my iTouch (Similar to iPhone but without the phone) This way I have the convenience of having my PDA (iTouch) always handy, I also have it on my Computer-with To-Do's and reminders, and if the whole thing crashes or if I'm away from my own electronic devices, it's on line. I hope this helps!

You can use the google calendar to send yourself e-mail reminders also!

Marilee Karamanski
www.PlannedSpontaneity.net

Followers

Powered By Blogger