Saturday, September 5, 2009

postheadericon New Adventures in Sweets!

Like I mentioned in my last post I have an irrational desire to become a cake artist; do I have the skill...dunno, but I think where there is will to learn there is the ability to gain the skills...that's what I'm telling myself!

I had been putting myself out there to every cake decorator I knew that I was willing to take a free position in trade for learning, since I really cannot afford to go to culinary school, and guess what?! Someone took me up on my offer. I was so excited I could barely contain myself! I met with her today, a sort of get-to-know-me session. I really felt we have a lot in common and I hope that she felt that I really am committed to learning and the opportunity.

In a short time today I learned quite a bit...but the real test will be if I can meet her expectations...yeah, I'm worried! I can decorate a cookie, and I have iced cakes before...hopefully my current skills will be a good enough base to build on...we will find out...stay tuned!

0 comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger